Motorola DP4801Ex ATEX Mototrbo Two-Way Radio
- Upto 1000 Channels
- IP67 Rated Ingress Protection
- Full Colour 5 Line Display
- Certified To The Highest ATEX / IECEx Protection
- Integrated GPS
- Lone Worker
- Integrated Man Down
- Capacity Plus and Linked Capacity Plus Ready
- Emergency Button
The Motorola DP4801Ex is a premium ATEX two-way radio, available in VHF or UHF, analogue or digital, with integrated GPS and 1000 channels. The DP4801Ex can be used in potentially explosive working environments to protect workers against threats such as explosive gas, combustible dust or chemical vapours.
The DP4801Ex is ideal for use on oil rigs, open mines, waste environments, as well as on vessels at sea, to achieve SOLAS (Safety Of Life At Sea) compliance. As you would expect from a handheld two-way radio in these conditions, Motorola has ensured the DP4801 Ex is both rugged and durable, meeting the most stringent standards and with the highest ATEX rating available.
This radio meets or exceeds MIL-STD-810 for exceptional durability, with an IP67 rating for complete protection against dust and water ingress. Motorola subjected the DP4801Ex to their unique Accelerated Life Test to simulate five years of hard use.
ATEX Ratings Explained
Motorola has designed the DP4801Ex to enable clear communication in difficult conditions. Innovative features include a full keypad and large colour display for texting and caller ID. Intelligent audio ensures, loud, clear performance and transmit interrupt makes sure messages get through even in the noisiest environments.
The Motorola DP4801Ex meets ETSI DMR standards that delivers integrated voice and data, with clearer voice communications and up to 40% longer battery life than analogue radios.
Features for worker safety
This exceptional handheld radio also benefits from other features to improve worker safety, such as Man Down and Lone Worker, designed to send an instant alert if the radio is tilted as a certain angle for a period of time, or if the Push to Talk button has not been used for a set period of time. A built-in GPS receiver enables location tracking.
Simple adaptions have also been incorporated to make the DP4801Ex easy to use - large PTT, volume, channel and programming buttons can be operated even when wearing gloves. The large, bright display shows critical information at a glance, and there's a prominent orange Emergency button, easily accessible for calls for assistance.
Motorola has ensured this radio is compatible with a range of audio and energy accessories that meet the most stringent ATEX standards. Please view the Related Products tab below to view the accessories available.
Motorola DP4801Ex Video
- VHF 136-174MHz UHF 403-470MHz
- 1000 channels
- Large Full-colour, 5-line display
- Tri-colour LED for clear visual feedback on radio operating status
- Easy-to-use menu navigation keys enable intuitive user interface
- Full Alphanumeric Keypad enables flexible radio operation and text messaging
- Large, textured push-to-talk button for ease of use
- 5 programmable buttons to improve ease-of-use and increase operator efficiency
- Emergency button to help ensure rapid response to critical incidents
- Quick, easy-to-use Group, Individual and All-call capability
- Digital Phone Patch capability
- Sophisticated Emergency Calls help ensure employee safety
- PTT ID helps improve communications efficiency and system discipline
- Remote Monitor features help ensure employee safety and enable fast assessment of remote user status
- Elegant channel scanning schemes help ensure calls are received first time every time
- Privacy Features
- VOX Capability
- Transmit Interrupt
- Man Down
- Lone Worker
- Analogue Mode Compatible
- 5 Tone Signalling
- Factory Installed Option Board
- Integrated GPS
- Over the Air Programming
- Intelligent Audio allowing the radio volume to automatically adjust to compensate for background noise
- IP67 ingress protection
- Certified to the highest ingress protection available under ATEX/IECEx test conditions - IP64
- Direct Mode (Including Dual Capacity Direct Mode) / Repeater Mode
- IP Site Connect (Conventional Multiple Site Coverage)
- Capacity Plus (Single Site Trunking)
- Linked Capacity Plus (Multi Site Trunking)
Reasons to buy the DP4801Ex from RadioTrader
- Motorola DP4801 Ex Atex Handheld Two-Way Radio
- IMPRES 2075Mah Li-Ion Atex CE Battery
- Dust Cover
- 2.5'' Belt Clip
- Motorola Platinum Channel Partner - This is the highest channel partner certification available and recognises our expertise of Motorola Solutions products and applications. This enables us to offer our most competitive pricing and expert technical support for your Motorola DPdigital handheld two-way radios.
- Price Match Promise - In order to uphold our Price Match Promise and not be beaten on price, we actively monitor the prices offered by our competitors daily.
- Worldwide Export Service - We offer a full worldwide export service which includes specialist shipping and dealing with customs to make sure your Motorola DP4801 EX arrives when required. All our shipments are fully insured for goods in transit. RadioTrader also issues commercial invoices for shipments outside of Europe and ensure all HS tariff codes are correctly used, reducing customs delays.
Next day delivery is a working day delivery and does not include Saturday and Sunday.
Tracking information will be emailed once your parcel has been collected.
For further information and information on worldwide shipments, please click here.
Credit / Debit Card
We accept payment during checkout by debit or credit card using our secure Sage Pay payment system. Alternatively we can process payments over the phone using a secure World Pay terminal.
We also accept payment by PayPal, this can be completed on checkout using the PayPal symbol.
Weight: 0 KG